|Ideal Laundry Company (Nichioka Brothers' Fish Market)|
This building was constructed as Ideal Laundry in 1929 by a Japanese laundryman by the name of Ichimatsu Tsurukawa. It was purchased in 1937 by the K. Inukai Co., which sold merchandise such as pesticides and fertilizers to local farmers. When the Japanese were evacuated and sent to internment camps in 1942, a Filipino named F. B. Almojuela opened the International Barber Shop in the building. This was followed by the Peralto Taleforo Restaurant in 1945. Later, a Japanese man named Frank Kurotsuchi opened his barber shop at this location. In 1949, the Nishioka Brothers’ Fish Market and Grocery Store moved in next door to Frank’s barber shop.